International Teaching Assistant Program (ITAP)
The International Teaching Assistant Program (ITAP) is responsible for ensuring, through education, assistance and assessment, that all teaching assistants, research assistants, graduate instructors and postdoctoral fellows who are non-native speakers of English communicate effectively in the classroom as required by state law and university policy.
ITAP offers many services to assess and develop communication and provide cultural development as a basis for a rewarding and enriching experience in the classroom. These include:
- Language assessment for teaching-assistant and graduate-instructor candidates.
- Teaching orientations for all non-native speakers of English.
- Resources for oral-language instruction and improvement.
- Ongoing support for new ITAs
- Workshops for all international graduate students’ cultural, academic and professional development.
ITAP Tuesdays are professional development seminars open ONLY to graduate students in the ITAP program.
This semester's topics:
Applying for US Academic Jobs
Creating a US-style CV
Academic Cover Letters
Dr. Robin G. Walker will be the guest presenter.