October 3rd, 2018
The goal of the Master’s of Science in Care Management is to educate health care professionals to improve health outcomes, enhance care quality, and reduce health care costs. Graduates will provide care management to diverse people across the life span using principles and approaches that include facilitating delivery of health care to individuals/family, engagement of individuals/family in care plan design, and implementation resulting in high quality, high value, cost effective care using a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
To be considered for admission to the Sinclair School of Nursing’s MS Care Management program, students must meet the following requirements:
- Health related baccalaureate degree from an accredited university.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 for the last 60 credit hours of the baccalaureate program.
- Evidence of any unencumbered current licensure in a health related occupation (if applicable).
- Submission of a curriculum vitae or resume.
- A one page personal statement describing academic and professional goals.
- Personal interview upon request.
International Student Admission for MS Care Management
- All international admissions are initially the responsibility of the MU Coordinator of International Student Programs. The Student Admissions and Progression Committee of the School of Nursing may not act upon any international application for admission until the applicant has been cleared through the office.
- Non-native English speaking applicants need documentation of English-language proficiency, demonstrated through a satisfactory Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score within the last two years.
Minimum Language Requirements
Click here to view the minimum English language proficiency test scores
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application (After acceptance to the Care Management program)
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)