To The Top

Financial and Housing Counseling, Graduate Certificate

View Federal Gainful
Employment Disclosure

Officially approved as:     

Stand Alone:  Yes  
Degree Dependent:   

Total Credit Hours:  18

Certificate description: The purpose of the Financial and Housing Certificate is to develop a student’s financial and housing counseling skills and to prepare a student to sit for the Accredited Financial Counselor and Certified Housing Counselor exam offered through the National Association for Financial Planning and Counseling Education. Students with this background would be equipped to provide professional assistance in debt counseling, financial management, and housing finance to those in need. Typical clients would include those with low levels of income and resources, disaster recovery, and military personnel dealing with financial and housing issues related to deployment or relocation. This certificate is offered collaboratively with the Great Plains Interactive Distance Education Alliance (GP-IDEA).

Certificate web site:

For information about certificate, contact:
Dr. Deanna Sharpe 

Phone:  (573) 882-9652
Address:  239 Stanley Hall, University of Missouri-Columbia, MO 65211

Federal Gainful Employment Disclosure

Graduate Certificate in Financial and Housing Counseling
Program Length24 months
Program Costs
  • $6,948 for in-state tuition
  • $12,074 for out-of-state tuition
  • $1,130 for mandatory fees
  • $1,026 for books and supplies
  • This College charges an additional $59.10 per credit hour for course fee.
  • All tuition and fees are subject to change. A student’s residency (e.g., resident vs. nonresident), location (e.g., on campus vs. online) and enrollment level (i.e., number of credit hours taken) effect tuition and fee costs. Visit the MU Cashiers Office website for more program cost information.
Median DebtFewer than 10 students completed this program within normal time. This number has been withheld to preserve the confidentiality of the students.
Licensure RequirementThe following states do not have licensure requirements for this profession:
Other InformationFor more information about graduation rates, loan repayment rates, and post-enrollment earnings about this institution and other postsecondary institutions, please click here:

These disclosures are required by the U.S. Department of Education