First Impact Zoom Central Region
Virtual - ZOOM
Deana Tucker Dothage
Director, First Impact
School of Medicine, University of Missouri
Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
1 Hospital Drive/DC 046.00, Columbia, MO 65212
Welcome to First Impact! Graduated Driver License (GDL) is the single most effective tool in reducing teen driver crashes, injuries and deaths. GDL works!
• First Impact educates parents and teens regarding Missouri’s Graduated Driver License (GDL) law.
• Attendance at First Impact is perfect for:
o Parents of teen drivers, ages 14 – 19
o New and soon to be teen drivers, ages 14 – 19
• First Impact aims to eliminate motor vehicle fatalities and injuries among teens. It further attempts to reduce teen involved crashes by increasing parental awareness and enforcement of Missouri’s GDL law.
The Objectives of the First Impact Program are to Increase
• Awareness of teen driving risks
• Understanding of Missouri’s GDL law
• GDL monitoring and enforcement at home
• Importance of being a positive role model
You can expect a:
• 90-minute evidence-based injury prevention program presented in ZOOM by law enforcement officers and trained facilitators.
• The format will include PowerPoint, video, handouts (available by mail) and you will be provided an opportunity to ask questions.
Deputy Steven Verble, Boone County Sheriff’s Office;
Deana Tucker Dothage, University of Missouri, School of Medicine, Department of PM & R, ThinkFirst Missouri