MU Health Professions & Nursing Career & Opportunities Fair
MizzouRec Complex-Historic Brewer Courts
SHP Career OfficeGet More Info Download Flier
Connect with representatives from companies, graduate/professional programs, and volunteer organizations excited to recruit MU Health Professions and Nursing students! Students in other academic programs are also welcome to attend.
The keys to a successful job fair experience are preparation and follow up. Here is a checklist to help you get prepared!
– Research the list of participating employers through Handshake by filtering your search by job type (job, internship, grad school), employment type (full/part-time), year in college, and major.
– Wear professional business attire. You will be asked to leave and change if clothing is not business attire.
– Health Professions students: Get your resume reviewed by making an appointment with SHP Career Services through MUConnect – no walk-ins, please (Note: we are not taking appointments the day before the career fair to prepare). Students outside of SHP can visit the MU Career Center for resume help.
– Prepare your 30 second recruiter introduction sharing your name, school, and major, opportunities you seek, relevant experience, knowledge of the company, and something that makes you stand out.
– Make sure you have a padfolio, pen to take notes, and copies of your resume
– Don’t forget to ask for recruiter business cards at the fair so you can follow up with thank-you notes