To The Top

Requested Leave of Absence

Academic and Departmental Probation, Termination, and Appeals

Probation In addition to dismissal for failure to meet the usual examination and grade requirements, departments and graduate-degree-granting area programs have the right to place a student on departmental probation. After at least 30 days of probation, the degree-granting program can dismiss any graduate student who is deemed to be making insufficient academic progress or whose

Read More
Academic Leave of Absence

Submitting a request Students are able to request a leave of absence from their academic program. They should first notify their advisor of their request and then inform the Director of Graduate School. For doctoral candidates (those who have successfully completed their comprehensive examination and have filed a D3 in the Graduate School), they must

Read More
Leaves of Absence for Assistantships and Fellowships

Graduate students are responsible for resolving all issues pertaining to their support (assistantship, fellowship, etc.) with their advisors before taking any approved leave of absence. Issues may include the date when support will be terminated and under what conditions students may be reinstated. Notifying administrators A student with a graduate assistantship who is unable to

Read More