100% Online On Campus
Officially approved as:
Stand Alone: Yes
Total Credit Hours: 15
Certificate description: A solid understanding of assurance procedures and practices will allow students to make an immediate impact in their chosen career. The Assurance Certificate will allow students to present this specialization on their resumes which will enhance their future careers and earning potential. The Assurance Certificate program will provide interested students with courses presenting the principal aspects of Assurance Services, including advanced auditing, internal audit, audit of internal controls, fraud examination or forensic accounting, advanced financial accounting, and corporate taxation. The Assurance Certificate program will also provide students with advanced skills necessary to succeed in Assurance Services-related careers. Through completion of the required coursework, students will be able to:
- Assess business and financial reporting risks
- Understand and apply auditing concepts and procedures
- Design and implement internal controls
- Understand the role of corporate governance in risk management
- Implement fraud prevention and detection procedures
- Understand how corporate taxes can impact a corporation’s financial statements
- Understand the basis of corporate taxation and book-to-tax differences (ASC 740)
School of Accountancy graduates with an Assurance Certificate will be prepared for a variety of careers including: external and internal auditor, risk management, fraud examination, and consulting on risk, assurance, and fraud prevention.
Deadlines for application to the Graduate Certificate in Assurance
Students may start the program at the beginning of the fall semester.
- Fall deadline: July 1
Required Application Materials
For the Graduate School
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
For the Assurance Program
- Trulaske Graduate Application (built into the Graduate School online application)