Officially approved as:
Stand Alone: Yes
Total Credit Hours: 12
Certificate description: Data science is an interdisciplinary area of scientific processes, methods, systems, and algorithms to obtain knowledge or insights from data. Data engineers design, manage, and optimize the flow of data within an organization. The goal of this graduate certificate is to prepare students and professionals to understand the fundamentals and advanced skills in data analytics engineering. It enables the graduating students to address the growing need for data engineering and data science professionals who are trained in advanced data analytics and can collect, process, and transform large streams of data into understandable and actionable information for the purpose of making decisions.
Certificate web site:
- Fall semester: August 1
- Spring semester: January 1
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- Statement of purpose
- Resume or CV
- Letters of recommendation (optional)