The program offer a Master of Arts in Statistics, with emphasis areas in Biostatistics and Data Analytics.
- Fall deadline for regular MA track: January 15
- Fall deadline for applied MA track: March 30
- Spring deadline: October 15
- Minimum GPA: 3.0 in math and statistics courses to enter master’s program
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or University in related area
- Undergraduate courses in statistics are recommended but not required. Consideration also is given to rank in graduating class, trends in grade records, maturity and experience, and other criteria bearing on qualifications.
- Before entering the graduate program, a student should have a background that includes three semesters of calculus (or equivalent), one semester of matrix theory, and at least one post-calculus course in probability and statistics. Some required courses at the 7000 level not taken as an undergraduate may be taken for graduate credit as part of the graduate program.
Minimum English Proficiency Requirements
|Test Type|| Total Score|| Reading|| Listening|| Speaking|| Writing|
- New applicants: Complete the Graduate School online application and upload the required application materials to the online application.
- Current MU graduate students: Complete the Change of Program Form and Statistics Department Graduate Application Form. Submit the forms directly to the Statistics program along with the required application materials.
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- 3 letters of recommendation (use departmental form or submit through the Graduate School online application)
- Personal Statement
- GRE score report
- TOEFL or IELTS for international applicants