View Federal Gainful
Officially approved as:
Stand Alone: No
Degree Dependent: Yes
Total Credit Hours: 15
Certificate description: The objective of the Graduate Certificate in Data Science and Analytics is to enable students from multiple different graduate programs at the University of Missouri to receive education and training in the emerging field of Data Science. Data science skills are increasingly necessary for all fields of advanced study due to the emergence of large scale data and the incumbent challenges across academia and industry. This certificate will also support the University of Missouri’s strategic goals of increasing interdisciplinary approaches to problem solving.
At the conclusion of the Graduate Certificate in Data Science and Analytics, students will:
- Have experience in applying state-of-the-art data science tools and techniques to solve industry, academic and/or business data and decision-making challenges.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of modern data analytics, statistical analysis, and visualization tools that facilitate timely, large data analysis.
- Be able to effectively communicate to a broad audience the relevant information derived from large data collections using a variety of visualization and presentation methods.
- Understand the fundamental and advanced statistical and mathematical principles upon which advanced data analysis techniques are built.
Certificate web site:
For information about certificate, contact:
Dr. Grant Scott, Director for the Data Science and Analytics Program
Phone: (573) 884-6077
Address: 241 Engineering Building West, University of Missouri
Federal Gainful Employment Disclosure
|Graduate Certificate in Data Science and Analytics|
|Program Length||12 months|
- $15,770 for in-state tuition
- $15,770 for out-of-state tuition
- $1,130 for mandatory fees
- $1,026 for books and supplies
- All tuition and fees are subject to change. A student’s residency (e.g., resident vs. nonresident), location (e.g., on campus vs. online) and enrollment level (i.e., number of credit hours taken) effect tuition and fee costs. Visit the MU Cashiers Office website for more program cost information.
|Median Debt||Fewer than 10 students completed this program within normal time. This number has been withheld to preserve the confidentiality of the students.|
|Licensure Requirement||The following states do not have licensure requirements for this profession:|
|Other Information||For more information about graduation rates, loan repayment rates, and post-enrollment earnings about this institution and other postsecondary institutions, please click here: https://collegescorecard.ed.gov/.|
These disclosures are required by the U.S. Department of Education