Officially approved as:
Stand Alone: Yes
Total Credit Hours: 12
Certificate description: Upon completion of the certificate program, students will be able to:
- Propose new digital merchandising strategies that would enhance digital commerce after analyze best practices in crafting merchandise assortments, web copy, photography, SEO, and other key techniques; comparing all major costs of running digital commerce, such as shipping, returns, marketing, inventory management, and/or fulfillment.
- Create brand growth strategies in digital commerce space after evaluating digital branding processes in products, place, pricing, and promotions.
- Develop new digital marketing strategies after analyzing digital marketing tools currently available for business and marketing communications, such as google analytics and visualization tools; and evaluating the interaction between the marketers and the consumers on digital marketing channels, including email, text and various social media platforms.
- Evaluate appropriateness of digital data visualization techniques and software tools for a visualization task at hand after learning the principles and various techniques of information visualization.
- Create overall digital commerce strategies by applying branding, merchandising, marketing and data visualization knowledge and techniques.
Certificate web site:
- Fall semester: 4 weeks (but no later than 2 weeks) prior to the start of the term
- Spring semester: 4 weeks (but no later than 2 weeks) prior to the start of the term
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams for all non-native English-speaking applicants
- Statement of purpose
- Resume or CV