The program offers an on-campus Master of Arts in Journalism and an online Master of Arts in Journalism with emphasis areas in health communication, interactive media, media management or strategic communication.
Campus program deadlines:
Fall deadline: January 1
Spring deadline: September 1
Online program deadlines:
Fall deadline: July 15
Spring deadline: December 6
Summer deadline: May 3
*Note: Deadlines are adhered to strictly, and no applicant is considered for admission until all required information is received.
- Minimum GPA: 3.0 in last 60 hours
Minimum Language Requirements
Click here to view the minimum English language proficiency test scores
Suggested GRE Scores
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
Please upload the following application materials into the Graduate School online application:
- Upload unofficial copies of all transcripts (in English) to the Academics section of your application.
- 3 essays as specified on the School of Journalism website
- 3 letters of recommendation (use the online Graduate School application system)
- GRE score