Officially approved as:
Stand Alone: Yes
Total Credit Hours: 22.5
Certificate Description: Student who pursue the PCNS will be prepared provide direct patient care from wellness through acute care with a focus on complex and vulnerable pediatric populations. The Pediatric Clinical Nurse Specialist student will also be prepared to influence care outcomes by acting as a resource and providing expert consultation for nursing staff and other health professionals by implementing evidence based practice initiatives to support improvements in health care delivery systems.
Certificate Web site:
A holistic review process is utilized for admission, however, students interested in the Graduate Certificate program should meet the following admission criteria:
- Advanced practice nursing certification and/or credentialing.
- Master degree nursing from a program accredited by a national organization responsible for nursing accreditation (i.e. Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation (CNEA) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
Application Deadlines for the Graduate Certificate Program
- Fall deadline: January 31
- Spring deadline: September 30
Required Application Materials
For the Graduate Certificate Program
- The program application process begins in the Nursing Centralized Application System (NursingCAS). Please contact the Nursing program directly for application process.
For the Graduate School
- Completed Graduate School online application (After acceptance to the Graduate Certificate program)
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)