June 24th, 2019
Officially approved as:
Stand Alone: Yes
Total Credit Hours: 12
Certificate description: The objective of the Graduate Certificate in Data Science and Analytics is to enable students from multiple different graduate programs at the University of Missouri to receive education and training in the emerging field of Data Science. Data science skills are increasingly necessary for all fields of advanced study due to the emergence of large scale data and the incumbent challenges across academia and industry. This certificate will also support the University of Missouri’s strategic goals of increasing interdisciplinary approaches to problem solving.
At the conclusion of the Graduate Certificate in Data Science and Analytics, students will:
- Have experience in applying state-of-the-art data science tools and techniques to solve industry, academic and/or business data and decision-making challenges.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of modern data analytics, statistical analysis, and visualization tools that facilitate timely, large data analysis.
- Be able to effectively communicate to a broad audience the relevant information derived from large data collections using a variety of visualization and presentation methods.
- Understand the fundamental and advanced statistical and mathematical principles upon which advanced data analysis techniques are built.
Certificate web site:
- Fall deadline: June 9 (Click here to see more information)
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- Personal Statement (why you want to pursue a certificate in Data Science & Analytics, how data science will advance your career/life, and any other information you feel might support the application)