The distance mediated Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program prepares graduates to fulfill and excel in advanced nursing practice roles requiring advanced skills in Nursing Leadership, Family Nurse Practitioner, Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, Pediatric Clinical Nurse Specialist and Adult Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist in delivery of health care to individuals, communities and populations.
Admission Criteria for the Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Submission of all official transcripts documenting a baccalaureate or master degree in Nursing from a program accredited by a national organization responsible for nursing accreditation (i.e. National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE))
- A grade point average (GPA) of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale based on the last 60 hours of undergraduate nursing course work for applicants with less than a master’s degree.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale for applicants with a master’s degree in nursing.
- Successful completion of a graduate level statistic course (eg. STAT 7020, ECP 7170) within 5 years or can be taken/completed in the first semester of enrollment.
- Submission of copies of current, unencumbered Registered Nurse license(s).
- Submission of copies of all advanced practice nursing certification and/or credentialing/recognition documents for applicants with a master’s degree.
- Submission of three (3) professional recommendations supporting the applicant’s potential success in the DNP program.
- Submission of curriculum vitae using the official MU Sinclair School of Nursing format (https://nursing.missouri.edu/academic-programs/doctor-of-nursing-practice/dnp-forms/).
- Documentation of English-language proficiency (of non-native English speaking applicants), demonstrated through a satisfactory Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score within the last two years.
Application Deadlines for All DNP Programs
|Entrance Term||Application Deadline|
Minimum Language Requirements
Click here to view the minimum English language proficiency test scores
Required Application Materials
- The DNP program application process begins in the Nursing Centralized Application System (NursingCAS). Please contact the DNP program directly for application process.
- Kira Talent is being used in place of a live or in-person interview and is accessed through NursingCAS. Kira Talent consists of a series of written and recorded responses to a series of questions.
- Completed Graduate School online application (After acceptance to the DNP program)
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)