Nursing, Doctor of Nursing Practice
February 12th, 2018
The MU Sinclair School of Nursing’s Doctor in Nursing Practice (DNP) program is distance mediated beginning in the Summer Semester. Students are expected to spend one week on campus, typically in the first week of June, the summer they start the program. All clinical courses will have required on campus days that range from one to four days during the semester.
Admission Criteria for the Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Submission of all official transcripts documenting a baccalaureate or master degree in Nursing from a program accredited by a national organization responsible for nursing accreditation (i.e. National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE))
- A grade point average (GPA) of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale based on the last 60 hours of undergraduate nursing course work for applicants with less than a master’s degree.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale for applicants with a master’s degree in nursing.
- Successful completion of a graduate level statistic course (eg. STAT 7020, ECP 7170) within 5 years.
- Submission of copies of current, unencumbered Registered Nurse license(s).
- Submission of copies of all advanced practice nursing certification and/or credentialing/recognition documents for applicants with a master’s degree.
- Submission of three (3) professional recommendations supporting the applicant’s potential success in the DNP program.
- Submission of curriculum vitae using the official MU Sinclair School of Nursing format (http://nursing.missouri.edu/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/cv-guidelines.pdf).
- Submission of a three- to five-page essay describing your professional goals and how participation in the DNP program will enhance these goals.
- Successful interview.
- Documentation of English-language proficiency (of non-native English speaking applicants), demonstrated through a satisfactory Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score within the last two years.
Minimum Language Requirements
Click here to view the minimum English language proficiency test scores
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application (After acceptance to the DNP program)
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)