For priority consideration for assistantships, fellowships and scholarships, applications should be submitted by Jan. 15 for Fall enrollment and Sept. 1 for Spring enrollment.
- Minimum GPA: 3.5 on prior graduate course work
- Minimum of 3 years full-time appropriate teaching or other professional experience in elementary, secondary, higher education or industry
- Correspondence with one of the Agricultural Education faculty members in the proposed area of concentration prior to submitting an application. This contact is ultimately a requirement for admission.
Minimum GRE scores
Minimum Language Requirements
Click here to view the minimum English language proficiency test scores
Required Application Materials
For the Graduate School
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
For the Agricultural Education Program
The following items must be uploaded to your Graduate School online application:
- Statement of purpose
- Writing sample
- Personal data sheet
- Minimum of 3 letters of recommendation
- Official GRE scores
- Preliminary examination (if necessary)
Prerequisites for the Doctoral Degree
The focus of the Doctor of Philosophy program is development of professional educators for teacher certification programs in agriculture. To be admitted, applicants must have completed a minimum of three years of professional experience in a field related to agricultural education.