Anthropology, Doctor of Philosophy
March 1st, 2018
Fall deadline: January 10
Spring deadline: October 15
- Minimum GPA: 3.5 in previous graduate work
- Master’s degree
A faculty who is a member of the doctoral faculty must agree, as a condition of admission, to accept the student as a PhD advisee. These qualifications apply to all applicants, including those with an MA degree from this department. Applicants whose MA is in a field other than anthropology will be considered under the policies for individuals holding the baccalaureate degree except that the quality of graduate work will be taken into consideration.
Minimum GRE scores
Minimum Language Requirements
Click here to view the minimum English language proficiency test scores
Required Application Materials
Submit all of the following through the Graduate School online application:
- Graduate School Application and all required Graduate School documents
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Statement of Purpose: 1—3 pages, addressing your background and research interests in Anthropology. (Upload to the Statement of Purpose section of your application).
- Resume/Vitae: Please make sure to include the start and end date of all employment and teaching experience. (Upload to the Resume/Vita section of your application).
- Recommendation Letters: Three academic recommendations are required and must be submitted by the recommender, either through the online application or mailed/emailed directly to the Department of Anthropology.
- Writing Sample