*This program is eligible for the STEM OPT Extension.
Fall deadline: December 1
The Division of Biological Sciences actively recruits outstanding graduate students from both national and international pools. Selected candidates are interviewed. The best are admitted to the division for graduate study. We are interested in evidence of critical qualitative characteristics including: undergraduate research experiences and presentation of research results; ability to face and overcome obstacles; exceptional motivation, work ethic, intellectual vitality, initiative, creativity, critical thinking ability and leadership ability.
Minimum Language Requirements
Click here to view the minimum English language proficiency test scores
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- Biological Sciences program application (built into the Graduate School application)
- Three reference letters
- Two essays (Please see detailed instructions at this link)