Communication, Doctor of Philosophy
February 12th, 2018
Fall deadline: January 15
- Minimum GPA: 3.0 preferred
- Admission procedures for students who have completed the MA degree elsewhere and wish to become PhD candidates are identical to the departmental requirements outlined for MA candidates. Only those applicants who show evidence of a clear likelihood of successful doctoral work are admitted.
Minimum Language Requirements
Click here to view the minimum English language proficiency test scores
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
The following items must be uploaded to your Graduate School online application:
- Communication Departmental Application (built into the Graduate School online application)
- Three letters of recommendation, which should come from qualified people (former or present instructors) who can attest to your ability to complete graduate study
- Statement of purpose (no more than 500 words)
- Writing sample- should be scholarly, but can be on a topic of your choice. The sample can be relatively short, but must be no more than 25 pages.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores (verbal, quantitative, analytical), taken within the past five years