Geological Sciences, Doctor of Philosophy
February 12th, 2018
*This program is eligible for the STEM OPT Extension.
Fall deadline: none set, but January 29 for guaranteed consideration for departmental financial aid
- GRE Scores and GPA: Our quantitative assessment of applicants uses a combination of GPA for the last 60 hours and the student’s GRE verbal, quantitative and analytical writing scores. We have a formula that weights the GPA and total GRE scores equally. Applicants with a GPA less than 3.0 may be considered, but their acceptance would require very strong GRE scores or exceptional circumstances.
Minimum Language Requirements
Click here to view the minimum English language proficiency test scores
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- 3 letters of recommendation (submitted through the Graduate School online application)
- Personal statement (uploaded into Graduate School online application)
- GRE scores
- Resume (optional, but recommended)