*This program is eligible for the STEM OPT Extension.
Fall Application Deadline: January 15 (priority deadline to be considered for funding); March 1 (final deadline with no funding consideration)
Spring Application Deadline: September 15
- Minimum GPA: 3.5/4.0
- Demonstrated research experience
- Compatible research interests or capabilities with a member of the faculty
Note: Only highly qualified students are accepted for advisement in the PhD program. The faculty look for excellence in undergraduate and graduate work, high GRE scores (if provided) and strong indications of research potential.
Applicants will be notified around decision dates within a month after the deadline date.
Minimum Language Requirements
Click here to view the minimum English language proficiency test scores
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Writing sample demonstrating research experience
- Statement of Purpose
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Short video statement (no more than 3 minutes) introducing yourself and your research interests and why you want to pursue a graduate degree at the University of Missouri
- GRE scores (optional) or substantive proof of research ability (if GRE scores are not provided)
This academic department does not have any function of financial aid.
IMSE hires TA/RA automatically based on the department needs. No separate application or contacts are necessary; all top ranked applicants will be considered.