February 12th, 2018
*This program is eligible for the STEM OPT Extension.
The Informatics Institute offers a doctoral degree (PhD) in two tracks: bioinformatics and health informatics.
Students with areas of interests outside of informatics may also wish to pursue a collaborative degree program between MUII and other degree programs. The purpose of the collaborative degree program is to allow students the opportunity to obtain advanced degrees in fields that complement the study of informatics and expand the student’s knowledge and applicability.
Fall deadline: The deadline for fall admission is March 1. However, to be considered for departmental and Graduate School fellowships and assistantships, applications should be submitted by January 15.
- Preferred GPA: 3.3 out of 4.0
- Sufficient background and training to pursue advanced degree in informatics
Preferred GRE Scores
Preferred GMAT Score
|| Overall Score
Minimum Language Requirements
Click here to view the minimum English language proficiency test scores
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Purpose, which should include a summary of why you are interested in pursuing an advanced informatics degree, a brief description of your previous research experiences, the specific area of informatics you are interested in pursuing, and your future career goals and plans in the informatics field.
- GRE/GMAT scores
- TOEFL/IELTS scores for international applicants, if required.
- Three letters of recommendation from faculty or supervisors who can evaluate the applicant’s credentials and potential to become successful in the area of informatics.
- A scanned copy of transcripts from each postsecondary institution.
- Optional documents: applicants are encouraged to submit representative publications in informatics, if available.