February 12th, 2018
The program offers Doctoral degrees in Learning, Teaching, and Curriculum with emphasis areas in Art Education, Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Language and Literacies for Social Transformation, Literacy Education, Mathematics Education, Science Education, and Social Studies Education.
PLEASE NOTE: Only completed applications will be reviewed by the Graduate Admissions Committee. It is suggested applicants submit their applications in plenty of time to be reviewed for the desired semester of entrance.
Applications for admissions decisions take at least 6 weeks to process.
- Completion of an appropriate preliminary degree with a GPA of 3.0 or better (master’s applicants: completion of bachelor’s degree; Specialist applicants: completion of master’s degree)
- Evidence of at least 2 years of successful experience in an appropriate field
Minimum Language Requirements
Click here to view the minimum English language proficiency test scores
Minimum GRE Scores*
||297 (V:153, Q:144 )
*Note: Minimum GRE score varies by program area. All the doctoral programs in Learning, Teaching, & Curriculum require the GRE exam in order to be considered for the program.
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- Personal data sheet form (built into the Graduate School online application)
- Statement of purpose
- GRE scores (a copy may be sent to the department too; minimum, an official result needs to be sent to the Graduate School)
- 3 letters of recommendation. ALL LETTERS MUST BE CONFIDENTIAL AND SUBMITTED ACCORDINGLY.
- A digital portfolio of three to five pieces of artwork you consider your best (required for Art Education applicants only)