February 12th, 2018
*This program is eligible for the STEM OPT Extension.
Fall deadline: March 1 (for full consideration)
Spring deadline: October 1
- Minimum GRE score: none set
Minimum Language Requirements
Click here to view the minimum English language proficiency test scores
Please consult the Physics Department homepage for details regarding the application process and the required materials.
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
All application materials must be submitted to the Graduate School online application system.
- Official GRE score reports (required). Submit using institution code 6875 and department code 0808.*
- The results of the GRE Advanced Physics Test, if available (not mandatory, but strongly recommended)
- International applicants: If your first language is not English, submit your official TOEFL scores using institution code 6875 and department code 76.
- A statement of purpose, in which you tell us a bit about yourself (e.g. your motivations, career goals, and research interests, and why you chose to apply at the University of Missouri)
- Three letters of recommendation
- A resume/CV
*The program is temporarily not requiring the GRE because of COVID-19. Click here to view more information.