February 12th, 2018
*This program is eligible for the STEM OPT Extension.
Fall deadline: December 1
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Minimum GRE score: no minimum, subject test is strongly recommended
Minimum Language Requirements
Click here to view the minimum English language proficiency test scores
An interview is required for admission to the clinical psychology program. Students earn an MA en route to the PhD, but we do not admit students seeking a terminal master’s degree.
Most students accepted have an undergraduate major in psychology or its equivalent. Acceptance is based on training, quality of work, recommendations, GRE scores and other information. For additional information on admission requirements, consult Graduate Study in Psychology and Associated Fields, published annually by the American Psychological Association and available in most libraries.
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- All application materials should be submitted directly through the Graduate School Online Application
- Select at least one, but not more than three, faculty members on the Faculty Interest Document for the year in which you apply to attend. The Faculty Interest Document will be available around October prior to the application year.
- 500 word personal statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- Writing Sample/Sample of Work: Research or academic paper you authored, preferably in your area of interest.
- Official GRE score report. Subject Test recommend for applicants to the Clinical program. (will be waived for the Fall 2021 applicants)
- CV/Resume – Your resume or vita should list relevant research achievements, including published papers, conference presentation and fellowships.
- Psychology departmental application (built into the Graduate School online application)