*This program is eligible for the STEM OPT Extension.
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Minimum GRE score: There is no minimum GRE score required. Submission of GRE Scores is optional. Please know that we do not view a lack of GRE scores negatively. No application will be dinged in the review process by not including GRE scores. However, if an applicant has taken the GRE and feels their inclusion would enhance their application, then scores should be included.
- An interview is required for admission to the clinical psychology program.
- Students earn an MA en route to the PhD, but we do not admit students seeking a terminal master’s degree.
- Most students accepted have an undergraduate major in psychology or its equivalent. Acceptance is based on training, quality of work, recommendations, GRE scores and other information. For additional information on admission requirements, consult Graduate Study in Psychology and Associated Fields, published annually by the American Psychological Association and available in most libraries.
Minimum Language Requirements
Click here to view the minimum English language proficiency test scores
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- All application materials should be submitted directly through the Graduate School Online Application
- Select at least one, but not more than three, faculty members as potential mentors.
- 500 word personal statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- Writing Sample/Sample of Work: Research or academic paper you authored, preferably in your area of interest.
- Submission of GRE scores is optional
- CV/Resume: Your resume or vita should list relevant research achievements, including published papers, conference presentation and fellowships.
- Psychology departmental application (built into the Graduate School online application)