Special Education, Doctor of Philosophy/Doctor of Education
February 12th, 2018
The program offers Doctoral degrees in Special Education with emphasis areas in Administration & Supervision, Behavior Disorders, Early Childhood Special Education, and Learning Disabilities.
Fall deadline: January 15
Spring deadline: August 15
Minimum English Proficiency Requirements
|Test Type|| Total Score|| Reading|| Listening|| Speaking|| Writing|
Minimum GRE Scores
|Test Type|| Verbal+Quantitative|
Faculty selection committees review applications for admission into the various graduate programs. Factors considered in the graduate student review process include previous academic course work and performance, GRE scores, letters of recommendation from professors or professional supervisors and relevant professional work experiences. The letter of intent is evaluated for advising purposes and is an indication of the applicant’s motivation, professionalism and writing competencies. Interviews with faculty are often arranged as part of the admissions review process.
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- Personal Data Sheet
- Statement of purpose (usually around 500 words) in which you summarize your professional goals, including career objectives, research interests, your motivation for advanced graduate work and other pertinent information.
- A minimum of three letters of recommendation. Letters may be sent to the Special Education Department or they may be submitted electronically through the Graduate School online application.
- GRE score report
- TOEFL or IELTS score report. Students whose native language is not English must submit scores on a TOEFL or the IELTS administered within the last two years.