February 12th, 2018
*This program is eligible for the STEM OPT Extension.
Fall deadline: December 5
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or University
- Desired Courses in the following: biology; advanced courses in biochemistry and/or molecular biology are highly desirable; chemistry (quantitative or organic); physics; mathematics
- Only completed applications will be considered for Fall admission. Applicants are selected for admission in the program based on their potential to conduct high-quality, independent research.
Minimum Language Requirements
Click here to view the minimum English language proficiency test scores
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- Departmental application (built into the Graduate School online application)
- 3 letters of recommendation (submitted through the Graduate School application)
- Personal statement- Should be at least two paragraphs in length. Include why you want to complete your Ph.D. training in this program. Please state your goals, previous research experience and why you are interested in microbiology and immunology.
- A CV highlighting any conferences, abstracts, articles, etc.
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores (International applicants only)
- GRE Scores, if provided, will be considered as one part of the application package but are not required for admission to the MPT Graduate Program. If you do wish to provide GRE scores, please use these codes: Institution Code = 6875; Department Code = 0206.