*This program is eligible for the STEM OPT Extension.
About the Program
The Biomedical Sciences graduate programs enable veterinary medical students to pursue studies in the basic biomedical discipline of their choice for a PhD or MS degree while enrolled in the College of Veterinary Medicine. The program is designed to prepare students for advanced professional careers in universities and colleges, research institutes and industrial research.
With consent of the student’s graduate program committee, courses from the professional curriculum (which includes a major portion of the core curriculum) can be accepted toward the graduate degree.
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Required prerequisite courses: Biology (10 hrs), Physics (3 hrs), Biochemistry (3 hrs), Chemistry (10 hrs), Calculus (3 hrs)
- There are no hard deadlines for applications to our graduate programs, as applications are reviewed year-round. Applicants are encouraged to submit their application well in advance of the semester they wish to enter the program.
Minimum Language Requirements
Click here to view the minimum English language proficiency test scores
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- Program-specific application (built into the Graduate School online application)
- Letter of intent addressed to the Director of Graduate Studies. 500 words or more.
- Copy of transcripts
- 3 letters of recommendation