February 12th, 2018
On Campus Master’s & Educational Specialist Programs
- Deadline for the School Psychology program
- Fall deadline: December 1
- Deadline for the Educational Psychology, and Statistics, Measurement, & Evaluation in Education programs
- Fall deadline: January 15
- Deadline for the Counseling Psychology, and School Counselor programs
- Fall deadline: February 1
Online Master’s & Educational Specialist Programs
- Deadlines for the School Counseling program
- Priority Fall Deadline: February 1 (Admission decisions will be provided within two weeks of the deadline)
- Final Fall Deadline: May 1
- Deadline for the Student Learning & Wellbeing Focus, Mental Health Practices in Schools, and Positive Coaching & Athletic Leadership programs:
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- If an applicant is admitted but does not hold a bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or does not have relevant background course work, the applicant must complete prerequisite courses as specified by the faculty of the department.
- GRE scores are required for the following, on campus program applicants only.
- Counseling Psychology*
- School Counselor*
- Statistics, Measurement, & Evaluation in Education
*Note: The GRE is currently being waived for the Fall 2022 term applicants.
Minimum GRE Scores
|| Verbal + Quantitative
|GRE taken within the last 5 years
Minimum Language Requirements
Click here to view the minimum English language proficiency test scores
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- GRE scores (waived for the Counseling Psychology/School Counselor applicants)
- 3 letters of recommendation via the online application
- Personal statement and vitae via online application per departmental requirements
- TOEFL or IELTS scores (International only)
- Educational Psychology program applicants only: Scholarly paper that you have written as a substitute for the GRE. This paper is widely defined but should showcase your ability to analyze a topic in depth and/or showcase your knowledge in terms of research methods
Application requirements and deadlines vary depending on emphasis areas. Please check out links below to view detailed information on each program’s application requirements and deadlines.