February 12th, 2018
Fall deadline: January 15
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Students who do not have an undergraduate degree in communication may be required to take course work beyond the required 30 hours to provide necessary background.
Minimum Language Requirements
Click here to view the minimum English language proficiency test scores
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
The following items must be uploaded to your Graduate School online application:
- Communication Departmental Application (built into the Graduate School online application)
- Three letters of recommendation, which should come from qualified people (former or present instructors) who can attest to your ability to complete graduate study
- Statement of purpose (no more than 500 words)
- Writing sample- should be scholarly, but can be on a topic of your choice. The sample can be relatively short, but must be no more than 25 pages.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- No Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores are required. The Department of Communication does not require the GRE as part of the admission materials. Applicants may submit GRE scores for consideration if they feel that their scores are an accurate representation of their potential to succeed in graduate school. However, applicants will be given full consideration without submitting their standardized test scores and will not be penalized for not submitting scores.