*This program is eligible for the STEM OPT Extension.
Application deadlines for the on-campus MA program
- Fall deadline: None
- Spring deadline: None
Application deadlines for the online MA program
- Summer deadline: May 15
- Fall deadline: August 1
- Spring deadline: January 1
Students with a bachelor’s degree in any field may apply for admission into the master’s program. Applicants are admitted on the basis of an undergraduate record, with particular emphasis on performance in economics, mathematics, and statistics courses, performance on the GRE, and letters of recommendation. Although the graduate program assumes mathematical background through calculus (normally two or three semesters of college calculus), as well as undergraduate economics training, applicants with more limited backgrounds may be accepted into the program. Such individuals will be assigned supporting course work, some or all of which may be counted toward fulfilling requirements.
Minimum GRE Scores*
*GRE scores are not required for the online/distance Master of Arts program.
Minimum Language Requirements
Click here to view the minimum English language proficiency test scores
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
All application materials must be uploaded through the Graduate School online application.
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Official GRE scores (GRE scores are not required for the online/distance Master of Arts program.)