|Entrance Term||Application Deadline|
|Fall||January 15; rolling thereafter|
- Applications submitted earlier than January 15 will be considered for acceptance into the program on an ongoing basis, but funding offers (the awarding of Teaching Assistantships) will only be made and communicated after the January 15 deadline.
- Applications received after January 15 will be considered for acceptance into the program and may also be considered for Teaching Assistantships should positions remain available.
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Undergraduate major in German or equivalent
Note: The department reserves the right to evaluate the work presented for admission and to determine how the student may make up for background deficiencies.
Minimum Language Requirements
Click here to view the minimum English language proficiency test scores
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- Departmental application (built into the Graduate School online application)
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose
- Writing sample