February 12th, 2018
Fall deadline: February 15; rolling thereafter (Priority deadline: January 15)
- Graduate studies typically begin in the fall semester.
- The first deadline for applications to the German program is January 15. Applications received by this first deadline may be eligible for additional University-level grants.
- Applications received between January 15 and February 15 will be welcomed.
- Applications received after February 15 will only be reviewed as spaces become available in the program. Please contact the department for further information.
- Applications to begin Spring semester are not encouraged. Assistantships are typically not available for graduate students beginning Spring semester.
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Undergraduate major in German or equivalent
Note: The department reserves the right to evaluate the work presented for admission and to determine how the student may make up for background deficiencies.
Minimum Language Requirements
Click here to view the minimum English language proficiency test scores
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- Departmental application
- 3 letters of recommendation