|Entrance Term||Application Deadline|
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
Minimum Language Requirements
Click here to view the minimum English language proficiency test scores
The preferred undergraduate degree for admission to the graduate program in visual art is the Bachelor of Fine Arts degree (BFA). However, applicants holding the BA, BS or other bachelor’s degrees are eligible to apply if they have a minimum of 40 hours of undergraduate studio credits or an equivalent commensurate professional experience. Applicants for the Graphic Design Area* are required to have a minimum of 2 years professional experience before applying.
Application materials are evaluated to determine if the applicant has the preparation and ability to pursue an advanced degree. Admission is based on the recommendations from the art department graduate faculty members representing each of the media areas. Some applicants, may be placed on a waiting list as alternates, then accepted if others decline their admission offers.
*Note: Unfortunately, the MFA program is not accepting applications in the area of Graphic Design this year.
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
Upload all of the following items to Graduate School Online Application system.
- Letter of Intent/Artist Statement (Stating your goals for pursuing the MFA with a critique of your current work)
- Current Resume (exhibition, award, publications, artistic experience, etc.)
- Three (3) letters of recommendation.
- Application for GTA (optional but necessary for tuition waiver)
- Portfolio of Work should contain a maximum of 20 still images and\or up to 12 minutes of time-based work, as appropriate. Your portfolio should represent your most recent and most accomplished body of work. It should indicate your major artistic interests, creative direction, and media competence. Portfolios must be uploaded to the Portfolio section of the Graduate School online application. Please use the following media types:
- Videos (up to 250MB each) .mov, or .mp4
- Images (up to 5MB each) max dimension of 1024 px @ 72 dpi. – .jpg, .jpeg
- Document: .doc, .docx, .pdf