*This program is eligible for the STEM OPT Extension.
About the Program
MS program in Basic Biomedical Sciences provides in-depth training to prepare scientists in interdisciplinary basic research (molecular, cellular, organ and integrative). Departmental faculty members represent diverse Medical-related basic science disciplines that provide a unique opportunity for biomedical research training. Core courses include physiology, cell biology and an introduction to research methodology. The multidisciplinary focus of the program is also emphasized in the candidate’s MS program committee.
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Required prerequisite courses: Biology (10 hrs), Physics (3 hrs), Biochemistry (3 hrs), Chemistry (10 hrs), Calculus (3 hrs)
- There are no hard deadlines for applications to our graduate programs, as applications are reviewed year-round. Applicants are encouraged to submit their application well in advance of the semester they wish to enter the program.
Minimum Language Requirements
Click here to view the minimum English language proficiency test scores
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- Program-specific application (built into the Graduate School online application)
- Letter of intent addressed to the Director of Graduate Studies. 500 words or more.
- Copy of transcripts
- 3 letters of recommendation