February 12th, 2018
About the Program
MS program in Basic Biomedical Sciences provides in-depth training to prepare scientists in interdisciplinary basic research (molecular, cellular, organ and integrative). Departmental faculty members represent diverse Medical-related basic science disciplines that provide a unique opportunity for biomedical research training. Core courses include physiology, cell biology and an introduction to research methodology. The multidisciplinary focus of the program is also emphasized in the candidate’s MS program committee.
Fall deadline: January 5
Spring deadline: September 15
Summer deadline: January 5
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Required prerequisite courses: Biology (10 hrs), Physics (3 hrs), Biochemistry (3 hrs), Chemistry (10 hrs), Calculus (3 hrs)
NOTE: The GRE requirement may be waived for applicants with an MD or DVM. Prerequisite courses may be completed during the master’s program.
Minimum GRE scores
Minimum Language Requirements
Click here to view the minimum English language proficiency test scores
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- Program-specific application (built into the Graduate School online application)
- Letter of intent addressed to the Director of Graduate Studies. 500 words or more.
- GRE scores
- Copy of transcripts
- 3 letters of recommendation