February 12th, 2018
*This program is eligible for the STEM OPT Extension.
- Priority deadline for Fall entrance: January 15; rolling thereafter
- Priority deadline for Spring entrance: October 1; rolling thereafter
- Minimum GPA: 3.0 in last 2 years of coursework*
*Note: Lower than 3.0 GPA require special action and substantiation such as good test scores on the GRE or other recognized examinations.
- BS in engineering. Applicants with BS degrees in related fields may be considered for admission. If admitted, non-engineers are required to complete remedial courses as determined by their advisor and advisory committee.
Minimum GRE Scores
- GRE scores are required for on campus students.
- Present scoring system: typical acceptance score are around 306 for Verbal + Quantitative and a minimum 3.0 for Analytical.
- For the online MS program applicants: GRE scores will be waived for ABET-accredited BS graduates with GPA >3.0
Minimum Language Requirements
Click here to view the minimum English language proficiency test scores
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
Upload all of the following items to your Graduate School online application. DO NOT send any hard copies to the Civil Engineering department.
- 3 Letters of Recommendation: at least two from a faculty member who has taught or advised you
- GRE scores (will only be waived for the online MS program applicants who’s an ABET-accredited BS graduate with GPA >3.0)
- Statement of Purpose