*This program is eligible for the STEM OPT Extension.
- Fall deadline: May 1, but January 28 for guaranteed consideration for departmental financial aid
- Spring deadline: November 15
Minimum Language Requirements
Click here to view the minimum English language proficiency test scores
Required Application Materials
For the Graduate School
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
For the Geological Sciences Program
- 3 letters of recommendation (submitted through the Graduate School online application)
- Personal statement (uploaded into Graduate School online application)
- GRE scores (optional)
- Resume (optional, but recommended)