February 12th, 2018
The distance mediated master of science (MS(N)) program prepares graduates to fulfill and excel in advanced nursing practice roles requiring advanced skills in Nursing Education, Leadership, Family Nurse Practitioner, Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, Pediatric Clinical Nurse Specialist and Adult Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist in delivery of health care to individuals, communities and populations.
- Application deadline for summer or fall admission is February 15
- Application deadline for spring admission is September 15
To be considered for admission to the Sinclair School of Nursing’s master’s degree program, students must meet the following requirements:
- A degree from a nationally accredited baccalaureate nursing program.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 for the last 60 credit hours of the baccalaureate program.
- Current licensure as a registered nurse.
- Resume or curriculum vitae.
International Student Admission for Nursing MS
- All international admissions are initially the responsibility of the MU Coordinator of International Student Programs. The Student Admissions and Progression Committee of the School of Nursing may not act upon any international application for admission until the applicant has been cleared through the office.
- Non-native English speaking applicants need documentation of English-language proficiency, demonstrated through a satisfactory Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score within the last two years.
Minimum Language Requirements
Click here to view the minimum English language proficiency test scores
- International students must submit a photocopy of a current RN license from their home country with their Masters application.
- International nurses must obtain a Missouri RN license prior to beginning coursework.
Required Application Materials
- The MSN program application process begins in the Nursing Centralized Application System (NursingCAS). Please contact the MSN program directly for application process.
- Kira Talent is being used in place of a live or in-person interview and is accessed through NursingCAS. Kira Talent consists of a series of written and recorded responses to a series of questions.
- Completed Graduate School online application (After acceptance to the MSN program)
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)