February 12th, 2018
The program offers a Master of Arts and a Master of Science in Architectural Studies with emphasis areas in Design with Digital Media and Environment & Behavior.
Fall deadline: January 5
Minimum Language Requirements
Click here to view the minimum English language proficiency test scores
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- Statement of Purpose. Statement describing your goals and objectives for advanced graduate-level work in architectural studies. This statement will be uploaded to the Graduate School online application, be 1,500 words maximum, and include:
- A description of your research interests in architectural studies
- Emphasis areas of interest (design with digital media or environment and behavior)
- The graduate faculty with whom you would like to work and why (we suggest closely reading faculty bios and select publications in advance)
- How this master’s degree emphasis area in Architectural Studies will help you to reach your future goals
- Letters of Recommendation. 3 letters of recommendation can be submitted through the Graduate School online application. At least two of these letters should be from college or university faculty members who can speak to your academic competencies. Professional practice references welcome. All letters should include the association to the applicant and length of time recommender has known applicant).
- Portfolio or Dossier. All applicants will submit an electronic portfolio or dossier. Applicants with a background in design should include a sample of design projects from institutional coursework, independent creative work, writing samples, and/or professional practice. Applicants without a design background should upload a dossier that includes writing samples (completed or published), research examples, teaching outcomes, and/or any other materials that demonstrate readiness for graduate-level work in Architectural Studies. Including a link to an online document or website is preferred by the department, otherwise the file must be a single PDF and no larger than 20 MB.
- GRE Scores: Recommended but not required