To The Top

The header image is the default header image for the site.

Degrees Offered by School of Music

  • Master of Music (MM) specializing in Collaborative Piano, Composition, Conducting, Music Education, Music Theory,  or Performance.
  • Master of Arts (MA) specializing in Musicology

Application and Admission Information

Detailed admission information may be found at Music applicants must complete the Graduate School online application.

Prospective MM and MA-Musicology students may contact the director of graduate studies to request information about the prerequisites and graduation requirements for specific academic areas, and assistantships or other financial aid.

Application Deadlines

Entrance TermApplication Deadline
FallDecember 1

Minimum Language Requirements

Click here to view the minimum English language proficiency test scores

Required Application Materials

For the Graduate School

  • Completed Graduate School online application
  • Unofficial Transcripts – As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
  • Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)

For the Music Program

  • Three letters of recommendation
  • School of Music application (built into the Graduate School online application)
  • Music Performance majors: Audition video recordings of your performance
  • Music Composition majors: Audio/video files of submitted composition samples

Detailed admission information may be found at