*This program is eligible for the STEM OPT Extension.
Submit all required documents in electronic format in the Graduate School online application system. Contact the emphasis coordinator or School of Natural Resources Director of Graduate Programs if your experience any difficulties.
Application deadline: Rolling
Current MU undergraduate students are eligible to apply to this program. To be considered for admission to the accelerated MS program in Parks, Recreation and Tourism, a student must:
- Have completed at least 90 credit hours toward a bachelor’s degree.
- Have earned a cumulative GPA greater than 3.0 overall and 3.5 in the major
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application.
All application materials must be submitted to the Graduate School online application system.
- Statement of purpose (1-3 pages, describes your academic and career background and goals)
- Resume or CV
- Three letters of recommendation (use provided form and submit letters online)
Once all these items have been received, the faculty will begin our deliberations for acceptance into our program. No student is accepted without an advisor. It is possible that you meet minimum requirements for entrance but be denied acceptance because no advisor is able to sponsor your degree program. We strongly encourage you to email or contact the professors you are interested in working with. Direct contact is a good way to introduce yourself as well as get additional information about the program