Participatory Health Research, Graduate Certificate
February 12th, 2018
Officially approved as:
Stand Alone: Yes
Degree Dependent: Yes
Total Credit Hours: 15
Certificate description: The graduate certificate in Participatory Health Research confirms the completion of graduate level training in the rationale, theoretical underpinnings, methods, and applications of participatory approaches for health and health systems. This methodology strives to develop equitable partnerships among host communities, stakeholders, policy makers, health care providers and researchers in an effort to work together to develop strategies and interventions that will enhance the health of a population.
- Current Mizzou Graduate Students: Complete the Change of Program Form and submit the form directly to the Participatory Health Research program.
- New/Returning Mizzou Graduate Students: Students new to Mizzou or former Mizzou graduate students returning after a semester break or longer, should complete the Graduate Application for Admission. Please include the application materials listed below in your online application.
Required Application Materials
- Unofficial transcript
- Two letters of recommendation
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Nursing supplemental information (built into the Graduate School application)
- Writing sample (optional)
- A copy of license for licensed health care professionals only (e.g. R.N., M.D.)
Certificate web site: