Summer deadline: September 30
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
Minimum Language Requirements
Click here to view the minimum English language proficiency test scores
Prerequisites for the Doctoral Degree
Note: The DPT program accepts students to begin the professional program only for summer terms, which begin in June.
Admission to the DPT program is available through regular admission (applicants will have a bachelor’s degree prior to beginning the professional program) or through an early admission option that allows students to enter the professional program with 90 credit hours.
All applicants must have at least a 3.0 GPA in the core required courses and the cumulative GPA in the last 60+ credit hours.
On-campus interviews are required for admission to the professional program.
Students who enter without a bachelor’s degree must have satisfied the MU general education and graduation requirements and taken two Writing Intensive courses at MU. These applicants must possess a 3.5 GPA.
All students are strongly encouraged to contact the College of Health Sciences Student Services Office for advisement and planning well in advance of application.
Admission to the program is selective.
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- Departmental application (built into the Graduate School online application)
- 2 letters of recommendation as specified by the application guidelines
- Activities and Award Questionnaire as specified by the application guidelines
- Distinct Experiences and Attributes Essay as specified by the application guidelines
- Unofficial transcripts (Year of application, summer grades must be recorded on transcript)
- Departmental application fee