Officially approved as:
Stand Alone: Yes
Total Credit Hours: 12
Certificate description: The Graduate Certificate in Public Health offers working professionals the opportunity to enhance their knowledge of foundational areas of public health, including biostatistics, epidemiology, environmental health and health services administration. Students may earn a stand-alone certificate after twelve credit hours (four courses) or may apply earned credits toward the MPH, should they wish to continue their studies. Certificate students who receive B’s or better in all four courses are automatically recommended for admission into the MPH program.
Certificate web site:
- Fall Semester: May 1st
- Spring Semester: September 1st
- Summer Semester: March 1st
Note: The graduate admissions committee will begin reviewing applications within 1 week of the application deadline.
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- Personal data sheet (built into the Graduate School online application)