*Note: This program will start accepting new applications for the Summer 2024 term and beyond, and the 2024 academic year application will be open in early August of 2023.
Officially approved as:
Stand Alone: Yes
Total Credit Hours: 12
Certificate description: This 100% online Special Education Cross-Categorical Certificate is recommended for educators (general educators, paraeducators, and other school personnel) who do not hold teaching certification in special education. This certificate will prepare highly qualified school personnel to provide evidence-based practices and supports to children with disabilities in their classrooms. Scholars completing the certificate program will be able to deliver EBPs that are effective across developmental domains, can ameliorate negative effects, and improve long-term outcomes of student achievement. This graduate certificate is a stand-alone credential.
Certificate web site: In development
- Fall deadline: May 15
- Spring deadline: October 15
- Summer deadline: March 15
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
For the Graduate Certificate Program
- Unofficial transcript
- Personal data sheet (built into the Graduate School online application)
- Statement of purpose
- Two letters of recommendation
- GRE score report (optional)