|Entrance Term||Application Deadline|
Current MU undergraduate students are eligible to apply to this program. To be considered for admission to the accelerated MA program in Theatre and performance a student must:
- Apply by May 1st for admission that fall.
- Have completed 90 hours toward a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Earned a minimum 3.0 overall G.P.A.
Minimum Language Requirements
Click here to view the minimum English language proficiency test scores
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
All application materials must be submitted to the Graduate School online application system.
- Three Letters of Recommendation. The individual writing the letter of recommendation should submit letters electronically.
- Personal Statement (2-3 pp.). Please include in your personal statement your reasons for applying to MU Theatre’s graduate program; please address specifically why and how our program and our faculty will help you achieve your personal and professional goals.
- Writing Sample(s). Please submit 2 examples of scholarly writing; if you are also a creative writer please submit one example (play, performance text, screenplay, etc.)