September 14th, 2020
Officially approved as:
Stand Alone: Yes
Total Credit Hours: 12
The Aerospace Engineering Graduate Certificate is recommended for anyone who wishes to pursue a careers in the field of Aerospace Engineering as a Senior Engineer, Project Engineer, Staff Engineer, Engineering Manager, or Program Manager. Students who complete the certificate will learn:
- The ability to apply the fundamentals of both incompressible and compressible flows, wing and airfoil theory, and fluid kinematics and dynamics.
- How to analyze aircraft engines and spacecraft propulsion systems.
- The mechanics and design issues associated with aerospace structures; including the analysis of thin skins with stiffeners for external surfaces, bulkheads and frames for shape support, and fasteners for holding components together.
- How to analyze the flight mechanics of aircraft and spacecraft, including flight performance, flight dynamics and stability, orbital maneuvers, and flight control.
Certificate web site:
Application Deadlines (Suggested)
- Summer semester: April 30
- Fall semester: July 31
- Spring semester: November 30
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)