Prospective degree-seeking students, including new domestic and international applicants, former Missouri Online non-degree seeking students, current and former MU undergraduate students and former MU graduate students applying to a new degree program, should follow the application process below.
1. Check your academic program’s application requirements and deadlines.
Your academic program sets the application deadline, eligibility criteria and required supplemental application materials beyond the minimum admission requirements. Supplemental application materials may include a program-specific application, letters of recommendation, a statement of purpose, a résumé/vita, etc.
If the GRE or TOEFL exam is required, Mizzou’s Institutional Code is 6875.
2. Complete and submit the application for admission.
Degree-seeking applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all transcripts to their application. If you are accepted by an academic program, you will then be asked to provide official transcripts. Please do not send official transcripts until after you have received acceptance from an academic program.
- Current or former MU students: You may upload an unofficial copy of your Student Academic Profile from myZou, but if accepted, you do not have to provide official MU transcripts.
- International applicants: Only upload copies of your transcripts/mark sheets with courses and grades, in English. Please do not upload transcript evaluations completed by third parties (e.g. ECE, WES, etc.).
- Please note: Applicants who are U.S. citizens or Permanent Residents of the U.S. may be required to show proof of English language proficiency. See Language Requirements for more information.
All supplemental application materials required by your academic program must be submitted through the application system.
3. Pay an application fee.
Click this link for information on application fees.
4. Check application status
By logging in to the application system, you can to check the receipt status of application materials submitted through the online application system as well as the decision status of your application.