The header image is the default header image for the site.
General Formatting Information
Students are to follow the style manual recommended by their academic program.
- Save as: “research.pdf”
- Left Margin – 1.5 inches
- Top, Bottom, and Right Margins – 1 inch
- Line Spacing
- All standard text should be double-spaced.
- References, bibliographic works, and endnotes should be consistent with the formatting standards of your selected style manual.
- Chapter headings and subheads should be consistent throughout the research paper.
- Figures & Tables
- Landscape figures and tables should be placed with the top of the figure or table to the left side of the page.
- Font Type
- The font used should be a commonly available font, such as Arial, Veranda, Times New Roman, etc.
- Font Size
- Use 10-point or 12-point fonts for regular text.
- Headings may be 14-point or 16-point.
- Tables, figures, etc., may be smaller than 10-point.
- Page Numbers
- The pages preceding the main body of the thesis/dissertation should use Roman numerals (ii, iii, iv, etc.) for page numbers.
- Standard Arabic numbers (1, 2, 3, 4, etc.) should be used to number the main body of the document.
- Page numbers should be placed consistently throughout your document.
- Page numbers on landscape-oriented pages need to be placed and aligned consistently with page numbers on portrait-oriented pages.
For example, if you were to print both a landscape-oriented page and a portrait-oriented page from your document, the page numbers would print in the same place and would be aligned correctly on both pages.