Ceremony Check-In Privacy Holds Questions [/ezcol_1third] [ezcol_1third_end] Recent Graduates Regalia Photographs [/ezcol_1third_end]
At the University of Missouri, several commencement ceremonies are held over a three-day weekend.
The ceremony for all graduate students in all schools and colleges is the Graduate School Commencement Ceremony. In the spring semester, there are two ceremonies–one for master’s and educational specialist graduates and one for doctoral graduates.
Other ceremonies are for professional and undergraduate students. Some schools and colleges, however, recognize their graduate students at their undergraduate or professional commencement ceremonies. Contact your academic program for more information.
For a complete listing of places and times of ceremonies, please visit the Mizzou Commencement site.
There is no ceremony for students earning only a graduate certificate at this time.
Students Graduating in the Current Term
Students are who are completing a graduate degree in the fall or spring term are eligible to participate in the fall or spring ceremony respectively provided they:
- Have the necessary degree paperwork on file.
- Have completed the online application for graduation.
- Completed the online RSVP to participate in commencement.
Students are eligible to attend the commencement ceremony for the term in which they are graduating or any future ceremony. If you have already graduated and wish to participate in an upcoming commencement ceremony, please complete the online RSVP to participate in commencement.
Summer graduates are invited to participate in the fall commencement ceremony following their summer graduation, however some may qualify to participate in the Spring ceremony preceding their degree completion.
To be eligible to participate in the spring ceremony prior to your summer graduation:
- Complete the Summer Application for Graduation available concurrently with the Spring Application for Graduation.
- A doctoral candidate must successfully defend their dissertation and submit the D4 on or before the last day of the Spring semester. Students enrolled in clinical doctorates must also submit the D4 form before participating.
- An educational specialist candidate must have an approved S1 and S2 on file with the Graduate School.
- A master’s candidate must have an approved M1 (an M2 if doing a thesis option) on file with the Graduate School.
- Complete the online RSVP to attend the spring commencement ceremony.
- Is not an indication of completion (i.e., graduation).
- Does not mean a student can receive their diploma, transcripts, and other final documentation early.
Please arrive at the ceremony location one hour prior to the beginning of the event.
- For ceremonies being held in the Hearnes Center, students should proceed directly to the Field House.
- For ceremonies being held in Mizzou Arena, students should proceed directly to the Event Level. Signs will direct you to the proper check-in table.
Hooding faculty members should plan to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the ceremony.
All candidates must wear academic attire at the ceremony.
Caps, gowns, tassels, and hoods can be obtained from the University Bookstore, 573-882-7611. The deadline to order your cap, gown, tassel, and hood is at least 1 month in advance of commencement.
Pick up your academic attire early to make certain that the company sent your correct order to the bookstore.
Tickets and Access
- Tickets are not required for the event.
- Accommodations are available for people with disabilities.
- You can find more information about guests, access, parking and lodging on the Mizzou Commencement site.
Placing a privacy hold on your student record will prevent the University from releasing any information without your written request. This hold will prevent your name from appearing in the commencement bulletin distributed at all of the graduation ceremonies.
If you would like your name to appear in the bulletin, log on to Student Center in myZou and select Privacy Settings from the drop-down menu in Personal Information by the deadline.
If you have any questions, please send an e-mail notifying the Registrar’s Office to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
GradImages provides photography service at commencement. Graduates are photographed during the ceremony and photographers are available afterwards for candid shots. View and order photos online at gradimages.com. There is no obligation to purchase these pictures. For more photography information, please refer to the Mizzou Commencement Site.
Questions Regarding Commencement
If you have questions about any of the information provided, please contact the Graduate School email@example.com or 573-882-6311 (toll free at 800-877-6312).
Note: All students are responsible for meeting the deadlines for graduation. Participating in a ceremony does not signify that a student has graduated.