Stand Alone: Yes
Total Credit Hours: 12
Certificate description: The objective of the Graduate Certificate in Geospatial Data Science is to enable students from multiple different graduate programs at the University of Missouri, as well as professionals in the workforce, to receive education and training in the emerging field of Data Science as it applied to the fields of Geographic Information Systems (GIS), location-based systems and services, and related fields (e.g., epidemiology). Data science skills are increasingly necessary for all fields of advanced study due to the emergence of large-scale data and the incumbent challenges across academia and industry. This certificate will support the University of Missouri’s strategic goals of increasing outreach and education for professional development and continuing education.
At the conclusion of the Graduate Certificate in Geospatial Data Science, students will:
- Gain knowledge and experience with the exploitation of geospatial data that is stored in a variety of formats and source locations, as well as experience developing geospatial visualizations of data, blending multiple geospatial data layers as well as non-spatial data.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of modern geospatial data analytics, statistical analysis, and machine learning tools for large Geospatial Big Data.
- Be able to effectively communicate to a broad audience relevant information derived from large geospatial data collections using a variety of visualization and presentation methods.
- Understand and leverage a variety of geospatial data formats, including raster data from airborne and spaceborne sensors, as well as derived vector data layers.
Certificate web site: In development
|Entrance Term||Application Deadline|
|Fall||April 21 (Click here to see more information)|
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- Personal Statement (why you want to pursue a certificate in Data Science & Analytics, how data science will advance your career/life, and any other information you feel might support the application)